Purchase Advice Needed

Rdelaneo

Forum Newbie
Hello

I have a dilemma. I am looking at 2 Bad Boys for mowing 1-2 acres every month or so. One is a MZ Magnum 54 with a Kawasaki and the other is a Tractor Supply special Elite 48 with a Koehler. I don't like the fact the MZ has a non-servicable transmission and the price of replacing them is over $1000 each. The price difference is $200. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
 
Honestly, hire a lawn crew. You can sit on the couch drinking a cold beer. Turn on the ball game suck down some spicy hot wings. YOU deserve it buddy.

By the time you pay the lawn crew "several" seasons to equal out the price of a 0 turn, those two mowers will be WELL worn out, not worth much for resale. Then you have all the belts, pulleys, spark plugs, wheels, gas, oil, filters and so on to buy to keep it running. Don't forget you have to store that huge mower some place. Have to fix all the no starts with several carb cleanings. Valve adjustments and deck scrapings....... The list goes on and on. Most lawn crews have big 0 turns so 1-2 acres is no big deal. Oh don't forget to grease those spindles. $$$$

slomo
 
You ought to be able to mow 2 acres in 2 hours easy enough. And if you only mow once a month, multiply that by the number of months per year and see how little you're actually using that mower. Even if it's 12 months, that'll only put 24 hours a year on it.

You could do that with a Big Box Store cheapie.
 
You ought to be able to mow 2 acres in 2 hours easy enough. And if you only mow once a month, multiply that by the number of months per year the grass needs mowing and see how little you're actually using that mower. Even if it's 12 months, that'll only put 24 hours a year on it.

You could do that with a Big Box Store cheapie.
 
Yes I know but it's the deck I am concerned about. The big box cheap ones are thin and this is a pasture. I will likely use it for other areas in the future but in the beginning, it will be a couple of acres.
 
I think a lot of the concern over stamped steel decks is overblown. I've got a 26 year old Cub Cadet wiith 1100+ hrs that has a stamped deck and it's still fine.
 
Yes I know but it's the deck I am concerned about. The big box cheap ones are thin and this is a pasture. I will likely use it for other areas in the future but in the beginning, it will be a couple of acres.
Sounds like you need a brush hog not a mower.

slomo
 
Back
Top