Pulse pump vacuum

thiggenb

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have replaced a 311777 engine with a 31G777-0204-B1. The gas tank is below the carb. So, I assume I need to take the pulse pump off the old engine, and move to the new engine. The problem I have is where to connect the vaccuum line to the new engine. Any suggestions?

Thanks

cryoburned

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have replaced a 311777 engine with a 31G777-0204-B1. The gas tank is below the carb. So, I assume I need to take the pulse pump off the old engine, and move to the new engine. The problem I have is where to connect the vaccuum line to the new engine. Any suggestions?

Thanks

There is a model in that series that briggs lists as having an available pump. There are two different intake manifolds listed, one has a provision for a hose connector, the other I assume has a boss molded in the intake, but without a hole. Perhaps this is the vacuum source? 794873 is the fittings, looks to have a nipple on one side, and threaded on the other, with the intake manifold having a threaded brass insert to screw the fitting into. 591248 is the part number that includes the threaded manifold, gaskets, and hose fitting. I'm sure you could drill into the plastic boss and get a generic sized hose fitting that is either barbed or thread in from an autoparts store, the fitting will probably cut its own threads into the plastic. 791851 is the listed pulse hose part number, looks like it's plain vacuum hose with a bend in it, no molded in grommets, meant to be used with 2 spring hose clamps.

Hopefully someone else could confirm, I'm not exactly sure how the pulse type pumps work so I'm not sure if that is an appropriate location.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The nipple in the intake manifold is for emission control stuff. Will not work correctly for fuel pump. Is there a similar location on the new engine for the vacuum hose connection like on the old engine. From the parts breakdown for the model you posted shows a fuel pump on the engine.

cryoburned

Forum Newbie
Threads
1024062.jpg1024064.jpg
It looks like the pulse hose is meant to attach to the oil dipstick tube / oil filler. Briggs part #697085 has a nipple that you attach the vacuum line to.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have seen them connected to the oil tube nipple, so that may be viable option.