Mower deck pulley split apart on my noma mower

noma

Threads
Hi All

Had my noma mower out tonight to grind up some leaves and then it started to make a strange sound. Stop and looked and the double pulley that's on the end of the motor shaft the bottom pulley split apart and would not grip the belt any more this pulley runs the mower blade. Just wonder if i could take that double pulley off and re-weld it back where it was and still be straight enough to work good again. This mower is from about 1995 or 06 a little old.I Need to work on the steering shaft at the bottom frame it's very loose to, need washer weld-ed on it to make it tight again. There are other spots that have been weld back to geather already:biggrin:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
You should be able to weld it back... Just don't fill in between the pulley sides where the belt will contact the weld. :smile:KennyV

slammed

Threads
You should be able to weld it back... Just don't fill in between the pulley sides where the belt will contact the weld. :smile:KennyV

What he said just clamp it all together first and grind the welds smooth. Should be fine.

tuffnell

Threads
Pulley is prone to warping when welded, so remember small steps will give you best results.