Pulley locked/hot, smoking belt

I-75

Member
I'm trying to figure out the name of a pulley that has apparently locked up on me today. It does not appear to go to any of the three blades. It is a smaller pulley on the left (from the seated perspective) side. The belt smokes when engaging the blades and the pulley wheel is very hot to the touch awhile afterward.

I'm probaly not describing it by the proper name. I think it's an idler pulley. Trying to figure out how DIY friendly replacing this would be. Thanks.
 
You will need to post up the model number of the mower, that way it would make life easier for us here to help you, it does sound like a seized/damage bearing/idle puller that will need to be replace/repaired.
 
I'm trying to figure out the name of a pulley that has apparently locked up on me today. It does not appear to go to any of the three blades. It is a smaller pulley on the left (from the seated perspective) side. The belt smokes when engaging the blades and the pulley wheel is very hot to the touch awhile afterward.

I'm probaly not describing it by the proper name. I think it's an idler pulley. Trying to figure out how DIY friendly replacing this would be. Thanks.

sounds like the Idler pulley too me ...Its not hard to replace
 
You will need to post up the model number of the mower, that way it would make life easier for us here to help you, it does sound like a seized/damage bearing/idle puller that will need to be replace/repaired.

Is signature not showing up? Should read:

Husqvarna YTH2448
B&S 24HP Model 446677 "Extended Life Series" Intek V-Twin
Model 446677
Type 0463E1
Code 050110YG​
 
Now is it one of the pullers that are arrowed ..? if it is just replace it. and yes signature is showing up...sorry.
 

Attachments

  • Hyth2448.jpg
    Hyth2448.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 13
Back
Top