Pull cord housing is riveted on!

Really??? I taking you as the expert here, but then what the heck does it use to connect the recoil starter to the engine? Please don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be sarcastic or confrontational, but I've never personally seen a recoil start engine that didn't have one of those on it. I've got either an 875 or 975 on an AgriFab tiller, I might need to know what that thing uses one of these days.
 
That style of clutch has not been used since the CDI ignition systems became popular. Today's engines use a starter cup which work in conjunction with starter pawls which are part of the rewind pulley. Only see those on the older horizontal shaft engines.
 
Yeah, that old clutch hasn't been used for many, many years. But there are still many, many real old Briggs still running strong out there too.
 
Oh okay, my Stihl has that. It's painfully obvious I have only had old equipment to work on through the years. :laughing: I do have that AgriFab tiller and a 5 or 6 year old Huskee push mower, I'll have to check them out.
 
Back
Top