PTO Lever spring repair/replacement

paulncarol

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a John Deere LA 110 riding mower. The mower blades disengages often, such that I have to put the PTO handle back in position over and over. Finally, something broke/snapped and the handle is now limp, and I can't engage the mower blades. I assume that I need to buy a new PTO lever assembly or repair kit. On closer inspection , I can see that the hook portion of my spring (that connects to the mower attachment) actually snapped off. My problem is that I can't figure out where this spring attaches to, so as to install the replacement. Can anyone point me to a repair guide or helpful schematic so that I can figure this out? Many thanks!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The tensioning arm has 4 holes in it.
The 2 closest ones to the pivot bolt have the brake rods in them.
The one at the short end has the return spring which is very light.
The last one is almost under the pulley at the long end of the arm and that is where the PTO spring goes.
Yours may well have worn out and become a short slot if the spring actually broke off.
I usually weld a washe top & bottom aftr filling in the slot when that happens

INDYROB

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a John Deere LA 110 riding mower. The mower blades disengages often, such that I have to put the PTO handle back in position over and over. Finally, something broke/snapped and the handle is now limp, and I can't engage the mower blades. I assume that I need to buy a new PTO lever assembly or repair kit. On closer inspection , I can see that the hook portion of my spring (that connects to the mower attachment) actually snapped off. My problem is that I can't figure out where this spring attaches to, so as to install the replacement. Can anyone point me to a repair guide or helpful schematic so that I can figure this out? Many thanks!

Sounds like you need a new cable assembly with spring, JD part number GY21106, the spring attaches to the idler arm on your mower deck. Your operators manual will instruct you how to tension it properly.