PTO Blowing Fuses

ScottWilliamson

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an IS2000Z and was mowing today for about 30 minutes when the blades shut off. After some troubleshooting I found the PTO fuse blown so I put the fuse from the auxiliary slot into the PTO (both were 20's) and tried the PTO which promptly blew that fuse. Can anyone suggest why it might be blowing fuses? Hopefully temporarily removing the auxiliary didn't cause the second blown fuse. I've checked and can't find any blade obstructions, I can move them by hand when the mower is off. I'm not sure where to go from here but I assume there is a bigger problem if it's blowing more than one fuse. Basic suggestions are OK as I'm not even remotely a mechanic, but if it's something simple I don't mind trying it myself. I assume putting a larger fuse in it really would only mask the issue and possibly cause a bigger issue. Thanks.

gregjo1948

Threads
Sounds like time for a new clutch. gregjo1948

D peyton

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have you resolved the fuse issue? If so what fixed it. I’m having the same problem.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Unplug the clutch, and run a couple temporary jumper wires from the battery, see if you hear the clutch go "clunk", or get nothing but sparks. Do the wiring so the sparking will be away from the battery.