Proud new Gravely owner!

SCMCG

Threads
Well took delivery and mowed with my new ZT60HD tonight. I am very happy with it. My grass was very thick and tall having not been mowed in over 2 weeks. I'd say it averaged 10" tall and this thing walked right through it. Now I did need to slow down a little to get a good quality cut, but still went probably 75% speed. I did put the suspension on the seat and swapped out the rear tires to the bar/ag tractor style tires due to some slopes I have to mow. The Kawi engine is so smooth and quiet I thought the throttle was broken and not letting the engine rev all the way it was so quiet LOL! I need to adjust the steering levers a little to the right height etc but very very happy with this machine. I grew up on a farm running all sorts of equipment, mowed commercially some, and work in the auto industry and in all my experience I have never been this satisfied with a piece of equipment. I am sure as I run it more I will surely come up with something that I would like to change, but haven't yet. I recommend any homeowner with an acerage to buy a Gravely. I have about 3.5 acres to mow on average and 70% is very rough by a "yard" standard. This thing handles it like a champ.
gravely3.jpg

gravely2.jpg

gravely1.jpg

firstbase

Threads
Congrats on the new mower! Hopefully I won't be far behind you.... what kind of deal did you get on it if I may ask?

SCMCG

Threads
I had $94 each in the tires, and I think $200 in the suspension seat and with 6% tax I paid $5986 something. I could have maybe dickered a hundred or two but I know the dealer and know how well I will be taken care of should I have an issue so wasn;t worth haggling over. Plus, this thing is worth every penny.

RatRacer

Threads
Congrats on the Gravely!
Feel good to have an end to the search?:laughing:

Here, no sense in hiding your new ride in a postage stamp thumbnail:

gravely2.jpg

Threads
Great looking mower congrats !!!!

That pic also shows something I've noticed with my 42" cub rzt . Your deck is a lot wider than the rear wheels , mine is not . When I try to mow close around tight tree circles or sharp curves , my back wheel ends up way inside the cut line of the mower ( my wife hates tire tracks inside the edge of her flower garden ;( ) . Yours looks like it would be much better for stuff like that :cool:

Maby something to point out to the first timers looking at zt mowers.

Threads

Your deck is a lot wider than the rear wheels , mine is not . When I try to mow close around tight tree circles or sharp curves , my back wheel ends up way inside the cut line of the mower ( my wife hates tire tracks inside the edge of her flower garden ;( ) . Yours looks like it would be much better for stuff like that :cool:

Maby something to point out to the first timers looking at zt mowers.

Yeah good point!

around trees.jpg

SCMCG

Threads
Mowed the 2nd time tonight. I have about 2 acres, and my inlaws property ajoins ours, yeah, I know LOL, anyway both are approx, 2 acres mowable. I did it all in 2.1 hours tonight and mine was very tall so went pretty slow. With my old Scotts tractor with a 54" deck it took me just under 2 hours to do mine alone so this was a nice surprise to be able to do this all that quickly. So nice to have nice new equipment!

RatRacer

Threads
Mowed the 2nd time tonight. I have about 2 acres, and my inlaws property ajoins ours, yeah, I know LOL, anyway both are approx, 2 acres mowable. I did it all in 2.1 hours tonight and mine was very tall so went pretty slow. With my old Scotts tractor with a 54" deck it took me just under 2 hours to do mine alone so this was a nice surprise to be able to do this all that quickly. So nice to have nice new equipment!

There you go! Brownie points.:thumbsup:

Spyder

Forum Newbie
Threads
Very nice! I got my 60HD last week and love it. Have put 5 hrs on it already. I am going to be doing the ag tires as well. Might even get that seat, going to stop on at dealer on way to work and see if they have the seat in stock. As for now, I'm just waiting for the grass to grow so I can mow again!

NeverGiveUp

Threads
Nice mower SCMcG!! I got 7.8 hours on my new PT 52. I love it! I really like the color scheme on yours. You sound like I did when I first got mine. I couldn't mow for 4 more weeks because the grass hadn't started growing yet. Anyway congrats on your new ride.

IMG_3574 copy.jpg