propane

The HP drop is a minor consideration... (Propane has less energy than gasoline).
LP is just Not as convenient ...
if you are looking for the Best fuel to Work with, it would be Diesel. :smile:KennyV
 
The HP drop is a minor consideration... (Propane has less energy than gasoline).
LP is just Not as convenient ...
if you are looking for the Best fuel to Work with, it would be Diesel. :smile:KennyV

A diesel walk behind? There was some pictures of the propane walk behinds how about some pictures of some diesel walk behinds?
 
A diesel walk behind? There was some pictures of the propane walk behinds how about some pictures of some diesel walk behinds?

I couldn't find any pictures of diesel walk behinds, but I did find this picture of a walk behind mower with tons of HP!

Hustler Turf Equipment vs Hustler Turf Equipment 2005 vs 2005 Super WalkBehind <br>23 hp / 48 in. vs Super WalkBehind <br>23 hp / 48 in.

nv21534_1_400.jpg
 
In my research for "MY ULTIMATE ZTR"..... Propane has crossed my mind (slightly). BUT I have to wonder.

"HOW DO YOU OPERATE WITH PROPANE FUEL".

TO begin with, there's the bottle. For those that know?

1) How to you refuel..? Do you take the bottle off, and go to the Propane dealer, or do you load up and trailer the whole unit to refill the bottle. (troublesome)

2) Do you buy an extra bottle and alway have a full bottle on hand..? (Costly)

3) Does that bottle expire in 12 years like BBQ Propane bottles...? (For people like me that keep things forever.)

4)How many hours of cutting can one expect on a bottle of propane....?


:smile: :smile: :smile:
 
I know you get longer engine life running propane cause it's cleaner. When I worked for the Propane company all their service and gas trucks with exception of 1 ran on propane along with the owners car. I was just a kid at the time but I remember the guys saying some of the trucks engines with the miles that were on them would have been toast long ago if still running on gas.
 
Back
Top