Propane Zero Turn

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads
I'm just saying, that's all.

Anyway I've been in the actual lawn care business for a few minutes now. I've explored the alternative fuel option or "the fuels of future" and if it was worth it then i would do it.

The most efficient thing I've found that works for my company is buy country mark fuel/gas. For a spoiler alert it's American owned pumped and refined. Run American made equipment and drive American made trucks. When Miss Liberty calls we stand up and fight against the enemies of the United State. not asking why. we just do it for love of country and the person on your right and to your left. You do it because you're patriotic.

When we stop buying foreign oil, gas, fuel at the corner haji mart then that will force gas prices down. If propane works for you, and you can be somewhat positive it was drilled and bottled here then go for it. One by one the people could turn things around.

Thats the last thing I'll say on this topic.

Terry CleanFuel

Threads
No problem on average consumers using E85 get 26.5% worst mpg then when using gasoline. The second order effect is it cost them on average 22.9 cents per mile with E85 versus 18.7 cents per mile with gasoline.

By relating the observed fuel economy to CO2 emission figures found in the EPA's Green Vehicle Guide it is determined that a 500 mile gasoline round trip produced 706.5 pounds of carbon dioxide. On E85, the CO2 emissions come to 703.1 pounds. The difference comes out in E85's favor, but only by a scant 0.5 percent. Call it a tie. This is certainly not the reduction in greenhouse gas emissions we had been led to expect.

Recent concerns have surfaced about the efficiency of ethanol production. Some critics have actually said that it is a "negative energy source," meaning that more energy is required to produce ethanol than it delivers as a fuel. Further doubts have surfaced about the true environmental benefits of ethanol and E85. And some critics have said that as farmers switch from growing corn for food production to growing it for ethanol, it could produce food shortages. Higher corn prices have already been reported.

As for propane now. The cost for the head damage caused by a dry gas stripping the lubrication off the intake valves and cylinder walls (the valve problem is eliminated with the injector system but the cylinder issue remains), as well as the need to have the propane system cleaned and recalibrated every 3 months or so for optimal performance (roughly $45 plus a new vaporizer diaphragm every 9-12 months.)

There is more to propane then just cost. There is a minimum of 20% performance degradation because of the thermal potential differentiation.

All those variables need to be included

The cost benefit does not outweign the cost "savings" and hassle factor because, at the end of the day, there are none.

Would you care to site your reference? This is a fairy tale. Propane adds to lubrication of the cylinder wall by not causing "washdown" of the cylinder. You couldn't be more wrong.

It's obvious you copied and pasted here. I am familiar with cobraboy's post. I am familiar with cobraboy. You sure you want to use HIM as your expert?

"Propane thermal differentiation"? Really? Perhaps you impress the peanut gallery here but, I tell you what, why don't you explain this "Propane thermal differentiation"? I know what you're talking about. Do you?

Exhaust valve recession hasn't been a problem since the use of unleaded fuel. And what needs to be cleaned in a propane system? That's just untrue! Propane is a solvent, for gosh sakes! There was a time when it was believed the earth was flat.

"Stripping the lubrication off the intake valves"? LOL! Ok, Einstein, just how are intake valves lubricated?

FWIW the intake valves were never a problem. The exhaust valves were back in the 70s but not since the advent of unleaded fuel giving birth to hardened valve seats.

As far as cost effective I offer that no commercial landscaper has ever, EVER gone back to gasoline in my years in the industry. Not one. How do you explain this? The average cost savings is 30% nationwide. Seriously, don't believe me? Google it!

I am happy to debate any "expert" on propane vs gasoline. I live for that. But honestly, you disappoint me.

You do this forum a disservice by posting this...

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Why is it that you are the only expert on this subject?
Again I do not use a propane grill.

Terry CleanFuel

Threads
Why is it that you are the only expert on this subject?
Again I do not use a propane grill.

Actually there's a ton of us! I could post a list but you prolly wouldn't believe that either...

Let me google that for you

You know, with guidance you too could use a propane grill...

(YES! I DID notice your lack of a source!!!)

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Any idiot can use a propane grill but takes a man to use a charcoal grill.

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads
Well let me apologize for doing this forum a disservice. Laughing.

I actually own and operate a lawn care company. Understandable, i will never know as much as gasman about propane. If I'd spent 35 years blowing the propane dong, then maybe i would benefit this forum. All i know is that propane obviously works great national lawn care chains, according to gasman.

briggs

Threads
Well let me apologize for doing this forum a disservice. Laughing.

I actually own and operate a lawn care company. Understandable, i will never know as much as gasman about propane. If I'd spent 35 years blowing the propane dong, then maybe i would benefit this forum. All i know is that propane obviously works great national lawn care chains, according to gasman.

Propane dong ..............HA HA HA :thumbsup: that made me laugh ..After the crappy day i had thank u ..I needed that

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
The man is just here to inform us on the pros of propane.

And now we know where they got the character of hang hill from.