Problems with Weed Eater Mower

Maeve

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 20" Weed Eater mower. It worked great the first time we used it, but when my husband took on the long grass in the back yard it started blowing white smoke. I thought he was just pushing it too hard, so he stopped mowing. A few days later when he tried again, the mower was still smoking a bit, and it would only start when tilted to one side. If it was sitting straight on the ground, it would run for only a few seconds before shutting off.

I don't know much about lawn mowers, and we bought it used so I don't have a manual or anything. But if someone could give me an idea of what the check and how to do it, I could probably figure it out myself :)

Thanks in advance!!

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
White smoke means its burning oil May be due to overfilled crankcase or being tipped to the side allowing oil to get into the breather tube on the left side of the mower. The run and die situation sounds like there may be a fuel problem as another concern. Have seen mowers that had gotten oil into the carb bowl due to being tipped on its side and then running into the carb and down the emulsion tube

Maeve

Forum Newbie
Threads
White smoke means its burning oil May be due to overfilled crankcase or being tipped to the side allowing oil to get into the breather tube on the left side of the mower. The run and die situation sounds like there may be a fuel problem as another concern. Have seen mowers that had gotten oil into the carb bowl due to being tipped on its side and then running into the carb and down the emulsion tube

Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks!