Problems with a Komatsu Mower

LawnMowing

Forum Newbie
Threads
So, I recently purchased a Komatsu riding lawn mower for super cheap - the only problem is that the engine didn't crank up when I bought it. Well, now it's cranking over but it isn't starting up for me and I just don't know if it's worth keeping and still putting in the time to fix it or just get rid of it. Wanted good advice so I turned to this forum.

I checked the fuel level and there should be enough fuel in the carb to get the engine to fire. I also cleaned the fuel line just in case it was clogged or blocked. AND replaced the fuel filter. The only thing I can think of would be the spark plugs, which I'm in the process of purchasing and slapping in right now.

I'm by no means a small engine mechanic, youtube is where I got educated enough to even do the things above. Could anybody help me out with some suggestions?

Thanks
Josh
austin lawn mowing

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
So, I recently purchased a Komatsu riding lawn mower for super cheap - the only problem is that the engine didn't crank up when I bought it. Well, now it's cranking over but it isn't starting up for me and I just don't know if it's worth keeping and still putting in the time to fix it or just get rid of it. Wanted good advice so I turned to this forum.

I checked the fuel level and there should be enough fuel in the carb to get the engine to fire. I also cleaned the fuel line just in case it was clogged or blocked. AND replaced the fuel filter. The only thing I can think of would be the spark plugs, which I'm in the process of purchasing and slapping in right now.

I'm by no means a small engine mechanic, youtube is where I got educated enough to even do the things above. Could anybody help me out with some suggestions?

Thanks
Josh
austin lawn mowing

Need much more information on this mower. It looks like a one of a kind mower that you wouldn't be able to buy parts for and that is the reason you got it so cheap. What does it have for a engine? does someone make this mower for Komatsu seeing they make large equipment. Is it a home owners mower or a commercial mower? I just couldn't find anything on this mower. It all depends on what this mower is worth before spending big money on it.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
:welcome:

When you go to the shop, buy a can of starter fluid and a pair of in line spark testers.
Fit the testers then give the carb a short shot of starter fluid.

If it starts continue the short shots of starter fluid.
If you can keep the engine running ten you have a fuel supply problem.

If it doesn't fire and the plug testers are not flashing then you have an electrical problem.

It is a systematic process of elimination, done in a logical order till the culprit is finally identified.