Problem with power to PTO clutch

Nickname

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2016 616 front mount mower. I was having a problem with starting the mower because clutch was engaged I would release the tension on the belts to start the mower. With the mower running I would put tension back on the belts. The blades would engage for a few seconds and then stop. The switch would turn the blades on and off. The last time I mowed the switch would not stopped the blades. I thought my clutch was bad. Thought I would check on the internet for some answers. Found that I needed 13.4 to 14 volts to the clutch. Checked the mower for voltage and nothing. Thought then fuse might be bad so pulled the one from the lights and plugged it in and had voltage to the clutch. Returned the fuse to the lights and replaced the fuse for PTO and checked voltage at the clutch. Nothing showed at the clutch again. Pulled the fuse from the lights and I get power at the clutch. I checked the wiring and every thing looks good. Any thought what the problem might be.

Bertrrr

Threads
How are you releasing the tension on the blades if you have an electric clutch that is not getting power ?
If it's not getting 12volts there would not be any blade action anyway. Make sure you have a good battery then check voltage everywhere - Not sue you'd get more than 12volts anywhere unless the machine was running full out.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
If it is a 2016 model then it is a 616T
1691175519206.png