Pro Mow Gang Reel Question

MaconMan

Forum Newbie
Hello. New to the forum. Looks like there is a lot of useful info here. Anyone have any experience with the tow behind gang mowers from Pro Mow or any where else? I just moved into a new house and it has emerald zoysia grass. I'm told I need a reel mower. Thanks in advance.
 
Reel mowers are great if you do not fall behind... they don't do so well with tall overgrowth...
I have an old (Very Heavy) Toro gang set very fast and easy to pull...
With sharp reels it will easily pull with 1 HP per foot of width... This is a picture of it behind my larger cab tractor, I prefer this as it has AC, The tractor will pull it around in 7th or 8th gear just above idle ...
What questions do you have about Gang Reels?? :smile:KennyV
 

Attachments

  • Mowing grass.jpg
    Mowing grass.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 11
How do the pull behind gang reel cut? I know they are only powered by pulling. I am told that a gas powered reel will cut much better but I really do not want to cut my entire lawn my hand. Do the promow gang reels cut well? Thanks
 
My first hand experience with gang mowers is with this old golf course set...
They are fantastic..
If I were buying a set I would get the best I could afford, you will love them.
Their only short coming is tall grass and the fact that it is hard to get very close to obstacles.... :smile:KennyV
 
KennyV said:
My first hand experience with gang mowers is with this old golf course set...
They are fantastic..
If I were buying a set I would get the best I could afford, you will love them.
Their only short coming is tall grass and the fact that it is hard to get very close to obstacles.... :smile:KennyV

I run a 7 unit set of lloyds giants. Once you get the hang of the width you can get as close to obstacles as you would with a push mower.
 
Hello, I have moved your post to the General Mower Discussion Forum. You will have better luck finding assistance there. :wink:

Thanks for joining LawnMowerForum!!!
 
Back
Top