Primer issue

Cfs

Threads
Forgot to include this manual. https://www.mymowerparts.com/pdf/Te...P-4-CYCLE-L-HEAD-FLAT-HEAD-ENGINES-692509.pdf. I’m starting to get the feeling that we are not getting the full picture from you. You came looking for information and help, but the info you provide us is incorrect, which you changed later or sketchy, you had the correct part number but never post it until later. You question our posts and keep repeating what you feel is the problem. I put in a couple hours trying to figure one out, but kept hitting road blocks because I didn’t have the info you have, plus I’m sure that Star has done the same thing. If you continue to want help please reread this entire thread, answer the questions which were asked and don’t assume that your thoughts about this problem are correct. My assumptions about what is wrong have changed each time you add a new piece of information, so to tell you the truth I’m back to square one, as I don’t know what parts of your posting are correct and what parts are wrong. I’ll agree that you have a Tecumseh engine with a remote primer bulb, but I question just about everything else.
The Tecumseh Primer arrived today and I installed it and then he mower is running properly now. I never knew that the primer with a hole in it was not a sub for one without a hole in it. Thank you to everyone who offered me help. I am still scratching my head as to why the Tecumseh illustrated parts list does not show a remote primer for the model engine which is the original engine per the Ariens owners manual. Very strange and
Again I did not find a primer part number, for the primer that eventually fixed my problem until hearing from the members of this forum that what I was looking at right in front of me was something that they were questioning as unheard of... At that point I thought I should keep researching to find if there was another primer. Thanks to everybody who took their time to he!p me

CFS

VegetiveSteam

Threads
The Tecumseh Primer arrived today and I installed it and then he mower is running properly now. I never knew that the primer with a hole in it was not a sub for one without a hole in it. Thank you to everyone who offered me help. I am still scratching my head as to why the Tecumseh illustrated parts list does not show a remote primer for the model engine which is the original engine per the Ariens owners manual. Very strange and
Again I did not find a primer part number, for the primer that eventually fixed my problem until hearing from the members of this forum that what I was looking at right in front of me was something that they were questioning as unheard of... At that point I thought I should keep researching to find if there was another primer. Thanks to everybody who took their time to he!p me

CFS
Thanks for letting us know it's up and running. It's nice to know an issue got solved.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Parts IPL did not show a reference no. but the parts list did list it as reference no. 350. have seen this in various IPLs