Pricing help ..

afphinfan

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am selling my 2013 John Deere z930R 60" with FX801v, 945 hours. Excellent shape, well maintained and never been used commercially just on bigger acreage personal property. After scouting different places like TractorHouse, etc. I set the price at $5,450. Which seemed on the low range of prices as I knew dealer markup, etc. I also used their price valuation with stated an auction value of $4k and a asking price of $5,300. Obviously everything is market dependent, but does this seem about right? Thanks!

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
Take what a new one is worth, divide by 2 and deduct for any needed repairs. What you ultimately get depends on how many people near you are looking for one and how many are for sale in that area. If the buyer is 500 miles away then they have to pay transportation too. I personally only buy used items when new ones aren't available or I can get them for about 1/3 of what a new one with a warranty sells for. There is almost always something that needs work. Remember, if a new something lists for X, most people will try to get at least 10% to 20% off when they buy it. If you price something at 60% of list then for 20% - 30% more people can get a new one with zero hours and a warranty.

afphinfan

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well its a 2013 with 950 hours but half of new would be approximately $8k, no repairs needed at all. I feel it’s worth what I listed it for but thought I may drop it to a hair under $5k to sell quicker. I figure this is still a good time to sell. Thank you