Prepping my ''87 RER for winter

Threads
I will run the tank dry and remove the battery to the warm basement.

When I bought it they gave me a cover that was actually an "old" grill cover. It fits the mower perfectly but does weep enough to allow water to accumulate on the seat.

I will have to store it outdoors where it will get rain and snow in NJ. Do I need to put it on blocks to get the wheels off the dirt?
Can I set the wheels directly on pavers or do they need to be completely of the ground with no weight on the tires?

Do I need to pull the spark plug and squirt in oil or WD40? I have never done that with my"walk behind" mowers

Am missing anything?

Thanks, I always get good advice here

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I will run the tank dry and remove the battery to the warm basement.

When I bought it they gave me a cover that was actually an "old" grill cover. It fits the mower perfectly but does weep enough to allow water to accumulate on the seat.

I will have to store it outdoors where it will get rain and snow in NJ. Do I need to put it on blocks to get the wheels off the dirt?
Can I set the wheels directly on pavers or do they need to be completely of the ground with no weight on the tires?

Do I need to pull the spark plug and squirt in oil or WD40? I have never done that with my"walk behind" mowers

Am missing anything?

Thanks, I always get good advice here

Just get the tires off the ground, weight doesn't matter. Use motor oil over WD40. All else sounds good.

SnapperMowers

Forum Newbie
Threads
Good Morning Bob!

Sounds like you have it pretty well in hand, but I just wanted to pass this along. Briggs & Stratton has a quick guide to winterizing lawnmowers on their website that can be helpful and I thought I'd share it with you.

Putting Your Lawn Mower to Rest for Winter | Briggs & Stratton

I hope you find this helpful in putting your baby to bed this winter.

Have a great winter!