Preen?

Zeroturn

Threads
Does anyone use Preen in their flowerbeds or on their yard? I've heard that it's really good at getting rid of the weeds and keeping them out of the flowerbeds? I wonder if it works on the yard too?

Zeroturn

Threads
Thanks for the link. I will have to take a look and see where I can get it around here. I love the stuff that I put in the garden and flowerbeds. :biggrin:

monica123

Threads
What exactly is Preen? I have never heard of it. Is it harmful to plants and animals or children. What kinds of pests does it take care of?

Grass ala Mowed

Threads
What kinds of pests does it take care of?
Weeds. It's a pre-emergent herbicide; don't kill the weeds you have, but prevents future ones from germinating. As with all chemicals, precautions are required.

monica123

Threads
Ok, I have never heard of it before. I want to look into more organic measures for dealing with weeds, pests and of course invasive plants.

Stevie-Ray

Threads
I use it every year for my lillies of the valley. Hardly ever have a weed, but it doesn't get rid of the tall grasses. I still have to pull them, but that's OK. It works well enough to get me to use it this year on my northern property as well.