Pre mixed fuel vs mix it up yourself

jviews12

Threads
I use gas pump and mix my own. Once done sawing, I drain the saw, turn over and drain tank, then run dry dry. No problems as ethanol gas is gone when I am done using saw. If pre-mix is "old" I use in my older car/truck and get a new batch. I cannot get ethanol free but would if I could.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I do same with my saw, since it is rarely used.

TobyU

Threads
I can sum my personal experience and opinion up in one paragraph. I agree with TobyU.
I use 87 ethanol in all my equipment. Keep it fresh and moving. 30-60 days old. Not uncommon to pour out customer pre-mix in handheld equipment and put in my fuel and it starts and runs.
I don't even drain anything.
I have had generators sit for 3 years and still start right up and run fine that only had fresh 87 10% ethanol fuel with 1 oz of stable stabilizer per gallon put in them the last time they were used before they were stored.
It's a better idea to start them at least once a year and even better to start them every 6 months or even every 3 months and let them run 30 or 40 seconds or so.
Also, when you start a piece of equipment it's been sitting like this and have it running well, it's best to turn the choke back on a couple of times and let it chug for 3-4 seconds at a time and if is anything larger than a string trimmer or leaf blower but still has a primer bulb like snow blowers and some of the older push mowers, push that nice and firmly several times as it's running because this, and closing the choke back causes it to force (or suck) more fuel through the main jet which can help clear things out and keep that very important passageway closer to 100% open.