PP4218 chainsaw

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I've been fighting the throttle cable on this saw for over a month now.
I can get it routed and in place, but it will not pull the cable without pulling the outer further up into the handle cavity and thus preventing the cable and saw returning to idle when you let off. It almost seems as though the cable is too long (casing) but it's the same as the old one. OEM husqvarna/poulan part.
As you can see, the owner had trouble with it too, attempted to glue it in place but the cable broke.
I'm worried there is another issue that I DON'T have it routed right and I'm going to put the cable in too much of a bind and snap it.
I'm at wits end... every video I've watched shows them popping the cable in place and voila!
Link to pics https://postimg.cc/gallery/zD0Zm4D

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
You probably need to replace the rear handle. PN 586016902. The problem is my main two suppliers has it listed as NLA.

Depending the amount meat left you might fashion a cable clamp to hold the cable.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I've been fighting the throttle cable on this saw for over a month now.
I can get it routed and in place, but it will not pull the cable without pulling the outer further up into the handle cavity and thus preventing the cable and saw returning to idle when you let off. It almost seems as though the cable is too long (casing) but it's the same as the old one. OEM husqvarna/poulan part.
As you can see, the owner had trouble with it too, attempted to glue it in place but the cable broke.
I'm worried there is another issue that I DON'T have it routed right and I'm going to put the cable in too much of a bind and snap it.
I'm at wits end... every video I've watched shows them popping the cable in place and voila!
Link to pics https://postimg.cc/gallery/zD0Zm4D
I may have a very similar pooped on pro saw on the scrap pile. Let me take a look and see if it is the same.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I found a seller on ebay, selling the handle and cable assembly for $20 and a few $ shipping 1707535730216.png