Power problem on my i1046

Jody

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, new member here!
We have 2 cub cadets and the i1046 is having power problems. It is about 6 years old. The motor doesn't bog down, but it just doesn't have the normal power it used to. For instance: cannot make a climb, loses power on turns, and doesn't have the get up and go it used to...(sounds like me:laughing:). Could this be a drive belt problem?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
For starter try to work out if it is an engine problem or a transmission problem by running the mower through the thickest tallest grass ( might be hard to find at this ime of the year ).
If the engine bogs down when cutting slowly then you have an engine problem
If the engine cuts it without a drastic reduction in engine speed you have a transmission problem.

Belt problems will let you know as a slipping belt is usually quite noisy unless one of the idlers has collapsed when the belt will be very loose with the clutch/brake pedal released.

wtp3

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, new member here!
We have 2 cub cadets and the i1046 is having power problems. It is about 6 years old. The motor doesn't bog down, but it just doesn't have the normal power it used to. For instance: cannot make a climb, loses power on turns, and doesn't have the get up and go it used to...(sounds like me:laughing:). Could this be a drive belt problem?

I'm having the same problem. I believe the drive belt has stretched out and slips under load. I think I smell rubber burning when I hold it under load. WTP

577jersey

Threads
Sometimes a belt will get glazed over and slip without making much noise,,try spraying some belt dressing on there and see if it gets any better.
If the belt has any number of years and hours on it,,i would say replace the belt,check tensioner and idler as well...might want to make sure the tires are not spinning in the wheels too...lol..JK :)