power loss over time with pto engage

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
There are resistors installed for this reason in some cases but not quite sure about this particular model.
Hmmm in the last 14 yrs I have never seen just resistors in the circuits of lawnmower's charging systems.

choocoo johnson

Forum Newbie
Threads
Interesting. I checked the PTO for ohms yesterday and found the resistance measured to be 3.7 ohms. After reading posts I decided to clean up all electrical terminals with WD 40 electrical contact cleaner after seeing nearly all connections with mild to moderate contamination. I noticed one of the relay holders had some of its case partly melted from getting too hot. I replaced the relay. 25 yr old mower with 1040 hours still starts easy and runs smooth.

choocoo johnson

Forum Newbie
Threads
And anyone with a pic of the 1998 model 2135 wiring schematics? I’d like to get my hands on one if there are any still out there for future reference. Still an amazingly sound mower mechanically after 25 yrs.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
1678385222433.png

choocoo johnson

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the schematics - this will be very handy. As for the other pic of the oldie...I hope I am not older than that machine! My wife's grandfather had an old Cub from I think the mid 60's - well maintained - I mowed with it in the 80's, an old 3 speed, shaft drive unit. Her grand was an aircraft mechanic on the old radial aircraft engines, and he diligently maintained it until my wife's uncle inherited it and tore it up. I truly miss the simplicity these older engines had, even with some parts having shorter lives.

smalltimerpm

Threads
Thanks for the schematics - this will be very handy. As for the other pic of the oldie...I hope I am not older than that machine! My wife's grandfather had an old Cub from I think the mid 60's - well maintained - I mowed with it in the 80's, an old 3 speed, shaft drive unit. Her grand was an aircraft mechanic on the old radial aircraft engines, and he diligently maintained it until my wife's uncle inherited it and tore it up. I truly miss the simplicity these older engines had, even with some parts having shorter lives.
I wanted to post a pic of a 60s cub that sits on display in the office for everyone to see but every time I try to load it says it's too large.