Poulon Pro Rope Recoil Spring

Hankupstate

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello one and all — my first post here. This looks like a v.good forum. I’m working on a Poulon Pro line trimmer/ brush cutter, PPB300E, with a broken rope recoil spring and have run into a snag.
I’ve disassembled it down to the clutch, but the clutch wants to stay put on the engine shaft.
I can’t see anything fastening it on there.
Can anyone give me some clues on how to get the clutch off without breaking something?
42F9B636-D933-4A33-9B43-55E7BB706C23.jpgD5E25B4A-73AB-4558-8A42-C26AE992DD24.jpg

Last edited:

bogdaN

Threads
First remove spark plug,stuff about 2-3 feet of rope in plug hole----that is for stopping engine .Now there is torx head screw holding clutch.The screw is deep in where drive shaft goes in.Dan

Hankupstate

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks Dan. I appreciate your help. ?
It took a little bit of poking around in there, but it was a good feeling when the Torx bit popped into the screw head. For anyone else doing this in the future, turns out to be a T20. I spent a while trying to get a T25 to engage down in there.
I’m looking forward to someone making a light for narrow spots like this — something like a tiny led, say 1/16” diameter, on the end of a wire that you could put right down in the hole to get a look at what’s in there. Maybe that’s already available and I just haven’t seen one yet...
Cheers, Hank