Poulan pro riding mower lever loose and want go in gear

JTrucker

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Poulan pro riding mower lever loose and want go in gear
My mower started acting like the lever position had changed and had to hold it in reverse then about ten minutes later it stuck in reverse and when I finally got it out it want go in any gear now and lever feels like loose but look under and still attached and no visible sight of anything wrong.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Why don't we start with the model number from under the seat so we can see which of the thousands of mowers that you are having issues with.

JTrucker

Forum Newbie
Threads
Why don't we start with the model number from under the seat so we can see which of the thousands of mowers that you are having issues with.
PP175G42.I found lever loose from transmission but cant find where it attaches or what part I need.I feel like I am blind and probably right in front of me

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Maybe this parts diagram will give to reference where everything connects.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Look at this linkage on the top area of the transmission, see what has come loose or broke. The bolt holding the bracket with the square hole may have fell out.
rod.PNG

JTrucker

Forum Newbie
Threads
Look at this linkage on the top area of the transmission, see what has come loose or broke. The bolt holding the bracket with the square hole may have fell out.
View attachment 54563
Thank You.I will jack it up and climb under to see.It looks almost like part 202 broke behind knuckle is what I am seeing but will check

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thank You.I will jack it up and climb under to see.It looks almost like part 202 broke behind knuckle is what I am seeing but will check
I have replaced a few of those before......

JTrucker

Forum Newbie
Threads
It was part 202 but look like the factory had put it upside down causing it to bind till it finally broke

cth

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have replaced a few of those before......
How do you replace it? I have the same exact issue but the nut is welded to the screw on part 202. I can't get it out of 134 because it just spins. The same thing is true where it connects to the top of the gearbox. The replacement is the same way. Any help would be appreciated.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
How do you replace it? I have the same exact issue but the nut is welded to the screw on part 202. I can't get it out of 134 because it just spins. The same thing is true where it connects to the top of the gearbox. The replacement is the same way. Any help would be appreciated.
Unless it was done by an owner the nuts are never welded on
If you look closely near the rubber seal you will see 2 flats or a very thin hex these are there for a spanner .
The only problem is a lot of them are very thin and require either a stamped or ground down spanner to fit .