Poulan PP335 Carburetor Alternatives?

And when you do fit them, make sure you fit them the right way, so many make mistakes in putting them the wrong way round. good luck....let us know when its running.
 
It's a WTA 31 or 32 unless someone put a different carb on. That's the only carb used on this model.
Great, that's what I thought.
And when you do fit them, make sure you fit them the right way, so many make mistakes in putting them the wrong way round. good luck....let us know when its running.

For sure! Yeah, I've made the mistake of taking things apart before having the parts to put it back together... it's much easier to just wait and do the whole job while the order of things is still fresh in your mind.

Thanks!
 
Got it all back together after rebuilding, and still nothing. I just don't get it. The tank is pressurizing, but there is no fuel coming through the line.
I ended up taking off the jets on the side to clean them out, and in the process I broke the other end of the throttle shaft. Unfortunately I can't find parts specifically for this carburetor, so I may have to find a way to JB Weld it or something.
At this point though, it's probably best to just replace the carburetor. I have no idea what else could be preventing fuel flow. The carburetor is spotless inside.
Where can I find a Walbro WTA-32, or an alternative that will work with my trimmer?
 
ZAMA C1M-W44. Used on Craftsman versions of your trimmer. Should bolt on and work just fine although the choke is a little different (SimpleStart instead of standard.)
 
Got it all back together after rebuilding, and still nothing. I just don't get it. The tank is pressurizing, but there is no fuel coming through the line.
I ended up taking off the jets on the side to clean them out, and in the process I broke the other end of the throttle shaft. Unfortunately I can't find parts specifically for this carburetor, so I may have to find a way to JB Weld it or something.
At this point though, it's probably best to just replace the carburetor. I have no idea what else could be preventing fuel flow. The carburetor is spotless inside.
Where can I find a Walbro WTA-32, or an alternative that will work with my trimmer?

Are you sure you have it plumbed up correctly.
the fuel pick up goes to the carb and the return line goes to the primer bulb.
Some varaitions of that carb have internal check valves so if you have it back to front no fuel will flow through it.
\There is also an internal filter which gets clogged up, particularly if you are using a Walbro felt fuel filter.

The Walbro web site has a complete break down of the carb and a full repair manual ( link is on the bottom right corner of the page )
 
Are you sure you have it plumbed up correctly.
the fuel pick up goes to the carb and the return line goes to the primer bulb.
Some varaitions of that carb have internal check valves so if you have it back to front no fuel will flow through it.
\There is also an internal filter which gets clogged up, particularly if you are using a Walbro felt fuel filter.

The Walbro web site has a complete break down of the carb and a full repair manual ( link is on the bottom right corner of the page )

I haven't been able to find any resources for the WTA-32 carburetor.

When I thought I had the lines backwards, I did get fuel in the carb and the primer bulb filled and was pressurized, but it still wouldn't start and there was fuel pouring out of the air filter.
At that point, the lines were probably on correctly, but it still didn't run, so I assumed I was wrong. The carburetor is probably shot anyway.
 
I haven't been able to find any resources for the WTA-32 carburetor.

When I thought I had the lines backwards, I did get fuel in the carb and the primer bulb filled and was pressurized, but it still wouldn't start and there was fuel pouring out of the air filter.
At that point, the lines were probably on correctly, but it still didn't run, so I assumed I was wrong. The carburetor is probably shot anyway.

Well it is right there.
Go to the Walbro web page.
Select lawn & garden
Select parts & service
service manuals are right where I said they were , bottom ring corner of the page.
WT series has the service information.
Type in the numbers electro etched on your carb & it bring up the parts breakdown for your particular variation.
 
Back
Top