Please post DETAIL about your problems!

upnorth

Threads
Troy-Bilt Tiller/Cultivator

Troy-bilt tiller/cultivator 144. Small tiller. Oil leaks around crankshaft cover. I cleaned the surfaces and the existing gasket. I applied RTV black, High Temp. One day later after a run, it still leaks a little. No cracks in the white metal crankcase, gasket is not split anyplace. Only use it twice a year, so, no biggie. Specs say mfg year 2005

carving

Threads
Re: Hot Wire

When trying to remove the starter from Kubota T1600H I forgot to take the battery wire off of the battery. Everything ok until one wire touched the frame. after the large spark and almost a fire.starter removed checked looked fine. The problem is when I replaced the starter it wan't work.I took it to Auto Zone and the starter checked out ok. It seems to be shorted to the frame. Ouestion how to find where? CHARLES

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Carving, you will get more responses if you would repost this thread in the Kubota forum. Not many will see it here. Just a suggestion.

jw1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Valve guide Re: Please post DETAIL about your problems!

I have a Kohler 20HP engine with a brokenintake valve guide....actually about 1/3 of the lower part is gone...my question is with minimal wobble should I be able to use head ? Kohler only sells a new head ...guides are not replaceable and valve seating appears OK....Original problem appears to be sludge causing sticking exhaust valve breaking rocker bolt which caused intake valve spring to come off....Im building quite a repair history on this tractor and am ready to take a shortcut.......jw1

Lawnranger

Threads
This thread was made a "sticky" by the mod. to help new members understand that the people who offer help on this forum need information and the more detailed the better - hence the title.

Since this is a help forum, it is only fair that the people trying to answer questions have some information to work with, so they can give an accurate answer. This helps them if they need to research parts or service information on your engine or equipment. In the first part of your post please include your engine numbers from the ID tag or stamping and the equipment type and model numbers that are on it. Failure to do this may result in you not receiving any accurate help with your problem.

Many of the tech's that hang out here work in or have there own shops and the first thing they do when they make up a work order on a unit is include the engine and equipment numbers on the work order. Since this technical forum is offered free to the public, it's the least we can ask you to do, so please help all of us out. So please post the numbers in the new topic you start to ask your question. It should be the first thing you write before beginning your question. :D

Lawnranger

Threads
Hopefully new members will read and adhere to this thread to make thing easier on all of us and help them get the information they need in a timely manner.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Can't hurt to ask, hopefully they will follow. It deffinently would help us help them.

de dee

Threads
:mad:
I joined this forum after receiving an email that it existed. I used it to get advice on mower problems. I admit that I have not been on for some time but now that I am again, I'm seeing a lot of frustration from the guys that know and want to help.

They can't help trouble shoot your problem if you don't provide detail of your machine and even more detail of your problem. This forum is awesome and we don't want to lose the guys that can help us out by expecting them to know what is going on when we don't provide them with specifics.

Thanks!

Rooster

I have a troy bilt can. lawn mower model 960 or 990 it is O turn, self propelled, elec. start, & 6 speed,. it has a tecumseh engine #ovrm120 spec. 22065h ,engine family, 5tpxs.1951aa,. I think it was built in 2001, I bought it new 2002,. looking for parts manual, on line, I ordered parts today for the engine rebuild but the dealer has not a manual for the model,. so im ordering blind,. any info greatly appreciated de dee

tractors41

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello,I'm new to this sight.I have a question abought my Dynamark.model number is 5180-
Code:
0000,serial number is
PHP:
095380,code
PHP:
is 9038.Do you know what year this is?Also I'm having trouble with the brakes it will not stop.Is there anway to ajust them?Thankyou for your time.

Attachments

• My Dynamark Photo's 008.jpg
    My Dynamark Photo's 008.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 10
  • My Dynamark Photo's 001.jpg
    My Dynamark Photo's 001.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 7
  • My Dynamark Photo's 007.jpg
    My Dynamark Photo's 007.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 7
  • My Dynamark Photo's 005.jpg
    My Dynamark Photo's 005.jpg