please help, need advise

briggs206

Threads
hello. im still having some issues with my lawn boy 10304. Iv had the carb apart numerous times to clean it. iv removed all removable parts to clean them and I have a low rpm surge or hunt when it has no load on it. what else causes this? I love the mower but I don't have time to mess with it every time I use it. I checked compression and it has 120psi. are the governor springs common to wear out? is there anyway to set the governor rpm without a tach?

beg

Threads
Surging is caused most of the time by a lean carb.On your v force with walbro plastic carb it can very well be the needle valve and seat.Do you have high rpms with no surging?Another thing to check is your gaskets for leaks or deterioration of your fuel line from using ethanol gas.also check for cracks in the primer bulb line.Most of the reviews on the v force series are not that good but I am picking one up tonight for 20.00 to put along side the other 5 I have.Had to take the v force to get the gold series duraforce as they came as a package deal.My guess on your mower is the primer bulb line>I would check there first.lawnboy2 008.jpg

briggs206

Threads
I have no surge at high rpm and the surge goes away at low rpm if a load is put on it. I will check it out again.

beg

Threads
There is a little port inside the carb which controls low speed. Take the main jet out and you will see it in the carb barrel. spray it out with carb cleaner.That should do it.Was made aware of this by another forum member Here is a pic of my school bus I just got running that I bought for a dollar.It just needed the carb cleaned.4510 Wallace Ave 019.jpg

Last edited:

briggs206

Threads
ok I cleaned it twice but il do it again. is there a way to adjust governor correctly with out a tach?

beg

Threads
max rpm 1s 2900 to 3200 use common sense and you will be close.that passage I mentioned is part of the carb body itself not a removable part.remove the main jet and its a little hole on the side of the tube that the jet goes in.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
If it runs fine with a load on it, what is your problem?

beg

Threads
maybe he wants absolute perfection and has the determination to get it.I have worked on some for days to get them to run just as they were intended.

briggs206

Threads
yes im determined to make it run smooth as possible. im familiar with the tube, its called the emulsion tube. I will double check it.