Please help me identify year and model of my Comet

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Please help me identify year and model of my Comet
To me, with that style of D-handle, it looks like a 1964-1968 Snapper Comet. Deck size is either 26” or 30”. Do you have the engine shroud? If so the engine numbers will tell us the year the engine was built.

Howardmccraney

Forum Newbie
Threads
To me, with that style of D-handle, it looks like a 1964-1968 Snapper Comet. Deck size is either 26” or 30”. Do you have the engine shroud? If so the engine numbers will tell us the year the engine was built.
I finally found the model, it’s a 308x, I found it and decided to buy it and restore it. Thank you for responding. One sit said the 308x is 1972?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It could be, but then someone turned the handle around for more leg room. Those handles were reversible. Does the handle show signs that it was changed?

Howardmccraney

Forum Newbie
Threads
It could be, but then someone turned the handle around for more leg room. Those handles were reversible. Does the handle show signs that it was changed?
Not sure if it was changed or not, do you think the whole mower is a 308X? I’m trying to get some parts so I hope this is the model number. It’s my first restore job. Thanks so much for the help.

Last edited:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If that tag is on the mower, then that is what you got. I’ll ask again, do you have the engine shroud?