Pleae rate the quality of MTD riding mowers.

FLS1011

Forum Newbie
Threads
I can't see ANYTHING negative in Charlie8d's comments. He's just trying to get some information about mowers.

Joed756

Threads
Look, you can go with one of the well known brands from a reputable dealer and generally be very happy. You can go to a bog-box store, or Walmart or a million other places and buy the brands they are selling. Chances are all those brands at these types of stores are made by MTD. If you take the first route, you'll get what you overpay for, the latter right will get you less than you overpaid for, but cheaper. Find a good named used mower and get what you pay for.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You might not see anything negative, but he’s complaining that service individuals don’t want to provide the info he wants. If you don’t like the answer, don’t ask the question. If the DYI guy wants to answer, that’s their choice, but as I said reputable industry people are not about to put themselves in that position.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I really don't see the reluctance of posters to answer my specific. question. You can go online & see reviews of different cars, appliances, computers, etc., etc., everywhere. I can't see lawyers lurking in the background wanting to sue someone who states their experiences with different brands of mowers.
A lady friend, who is on a budget, is looking at mowers & is totally confused. I offered to help check the MTD line out for her.
Well you are going about it in the absolute wrong way.
There is no such thing as the "BEST " or "WORST" mower from any brand .
And if there was it would make no difference because if you were a real friend then you would looking for the "RIGHT" mower for her.
And the RIGHT mower is the one she can drive comfortably, is a size suitable for her yard with a blade system suitable for the type of grass she has growing in her lawn . Then there is the question of what else is she likely to use the mower for .
So if you really want to help her then provide the information that would allow the people on here to make a sound suggestion as what would be suitable.
And don't forget the actual budget.
In reality if she is spending less than $ 3000 the just choose the colour she likes best as the difference between any of them regardless of the maker is minimal.
They are all build down to a price with a service life of around 5 years depending upon the amount of maintenance done ,

Charlie8d

Threads
The comment I made was NOT negative. It was an honest question to something I didn't understand. We live in a very rural area & wanted to save both of us some time in travel & shopping. I am a disabled vet & her friend, no matter what you might think, B !

Charlie8d

Threads
Thank you " F" for the recommendation of the CC XT2. Someone else [ not from here ] mentioned the XT2 in 42" . I looked up both & will forward the info to her. John Deere is OUT due to the horrible service/attitude from a couple of dealers, that are the closest.