Pine Straw Baler

Why do you make the bales so small? Or is the baler bigger in real life instead of a photo?

Actually it makes a bale about the size of a machine bale. inside it is 12" X 14" and the length is about 30" I think I remember. I made one this afternoon that was a little more than that. I did some adjustments though and shortened it up a little......:thumbsup:
 
Went to see a neighbor this afternoon and he gave me two tires off of the front end of a Craftsman Rider. I am going to put them on the baler so I can move it easy. :thumbsup:
 
My wife has an electric baler in the utility room. Seems like the true name is Trash Compactor or something like that. I sure hope she doesn't catch me.
 
Hi All

To bale pine cones you could look at vintage farm baler they used in the olden days , they are built kinda like that one you build might give you some idea top inprove the one you built they were wooden . You know they make a baler for loose straw and loose hay that is pulled behind a tractor, maybe you could find a older baler and improve and it not so big. These were built in the 60 and 70s. Just some ideas to think about good luck :licking:
 
Hi All

To bale pine cones you could look at vintage farm baler they used in the olden days , they are built kinda like that one you build might give you some idea top inprove the one you built they were wooden . You know they make a baler for loose straw and loose hay that is pulled behind a tractor, maybe you could find a older baler and improve and it not so big. These were built in the 60 and 70s. Just some ideas to think about good luck :licking:

I don't know of anybody that bales pine cones. is there a use for them for resale?

The handbaler that I posted pics of will do a great job baling straw. I have seen people that made a living baling straw and selling it.
 
Hi All

To bale pine cones you could look at vintage farm baler they used in the olden days , they are built kinda like that one you build might give you some idea top inprove the one you built they were wooden . You know they make a baler for loose straw and loose hay that is pulled behind a tractor, maybe you could find a older baler and improve and it not so big. These were built in the 60 and 70s. Just some ideas to think about good luck :licking:

To use a vintage farm baler you have to have some sort of power source to pull it. When I was a teenager we used to custom cut hay for people. In the afternoons some times we would actually bale straw with our baler for a guy that collected it to use on nature trails. This was back in the early 1970's.
It would take hundreds of dollars to get one of those and then it takes a tractor to pull it plus then there is the aggravation of moving it.

I have never used a hand baler much but according to some people that have done it one person can bale over 100 bales a day with one.

I baled one the other afternoon with my hand baler and it was wet messy straw that I had in the yard. It did not take me but just a couple of minutes to do it.
 
Here are some new pictures of my baler. All it needs is some straw.
 

Attachments

  • Threaded up and ready to go.jpg
    Threaded up and ready to go.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Side View.jpg
    Side View.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Rear View.jpg
    Rear View.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Front outside.jpg
    Front outside.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Front open.jpg
    Front open.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Another front view.jpg
    Another front view.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 5
Back
Top