Pin for ignition coil

Astronaut

Forum Newbie
Ok guys I'm new here I used to work on small engines a long time ago. I just got a coil for my B&S 2 hp horizontal shaft engine and it came with the pin for the air vane deal uninstalled -how do I install it? Drill out coil? Thank you!
 
Usually the pivot for the air vane is a longer mounting bolt some times with an upset nut so you can tighten the coil without crushing the air vane pivot .
 
Should have been install at the factory on the after '62 coil. Even it wasn't they should still stamped the hole in laminates where you could press the mushroom pin in place.
 
Ok thank you everyone I think I will just add a piece of sheet metal on the face of the air vane so it can be held by just the coil mounting screw
 
Back
Top