Pictures of my Ford Fiesta!

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
I really love this car, more than anybody could imagine!

OK, it isn't a fast car, isn't a mint condition car, and isn't a rare car, but she is special to me :)

Here are some pictures I took after her fortnightly wash and wax!

Picture001.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture008.jpg

If anybody is interested, here is the full information about the car.

1997 Ford Fiesta Ghia (full electrics and walnut dashboard)
1.25 Litre Fuel Injected Inline-4 Cylinder 16 Valve engine
75,450 miles on the odometer

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Looking good & a nice shine for 75k miles...

Why is the front tag a different color from the rear license tag?
Do you have to renew your tags every year?
:smile:KennyV

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
GEE ! The steering wheel is on the wrong side, do you deliver mail ? :rolleyes: :laughing:

Nice looking car :thumbsup:... what makes it so special to you (if you don't mind me asking) ????

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
GEE ! The steering wheel is on the wrong side, do you deliver mail ? :rolleyes: :laughing:

Nice looking car :thumbsup:... what makes it so special to you (if you don't mind me asking) ????

What makes your Ventrac special to you....:biggrin:

Have always wondered why Europe uses registration plates so big, maybe so the radar cameras can read them better. And, you say your car has 75,450 miles? Don't you mean kilometers?

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
Looking good & a nice shine for 75k miles...

Why is the front tag a different color from the rear license tag?
Do you have to renew your tags every year?
:smile:KennyV
Why thank you, I am a professional car valeter so if it weren't a nice shine I'd be out of a job :laughing:

Having a white license plate on the front and a yellow one on the back is normal for the UK.

We don't have to renew the plates, we have a paper tax disk that sticks to the bottom left of the windscreen that has to be renewed every 6 months or 12 months.

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads

Pure sentimental value. We've had the car since 2008, and for the 3 years I've built up a bond with that car.

I never usually build up a bond with something like a car, but with this one I just did!

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Pure sentimental value. We've had the car since 2008, and for the 3 years I've built up a bond with that car.

I never usually build up a bond with something like a car, but with this one I just did!

I have owned this truck for 11 years now, a Y2K GMC XL 2500 4X4. Every since I got my first new car back in '70, my dream vehicle was a 3/4 ton Suburban. A new one cost $5000 back then, way out of my price range when I was making $3 an hour. By the time I could finally afford this one, the sticker had risen to $45,000. I am going to keep it forever.

Attachments

• Newest BB pics 585.jpg
    Newest BB pics 585.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 5

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
OK - Had a 74 Chevy Nova "Spirit of America" (built for the 76 Bicentenial) White with Red & Blue stripes 350 CID V-8 --- Loved that Car !

Last edited:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
OK - Had a 74 Chevy Nova "Spirit of America" (built for the 76 Bicentenial) White with Red & Blue stripes 350 CID V-8 --- Loved that Car !

Had a new '73 Nova Custom Hatchback Coupe, 350 2-V, floor shifted TurboHydramatic, PS/PB, Medium Orange with the white vinyl top. Glad you liked your Nova, mine was a rust bucket. When it was only 5 years old, the metal top of the DASHBOARD was rusting through. The rocker panels would not hold paint, no matter how the dealer tried to prime and refinish them. At 3 years old, both rocker panels and the trunk floor, as well as the leading hood edge, were rusted through. At four years, only about half of the original paint was still sticking to the body....:thumbdown::thumbdown::frown:

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Don't want to hijack the thread, but my "Spirit of America" was with me from 74 to 84 and had over 120,000 miles with NO engine work and just a little rust - paid $3500 in 74 sold it for $3000 in 84.
and blew the doors off a NEW Vette in 84 before I sold it. (the Vette Owner was LIVID) Stock 74 350 blew away an 84 Vette ! 74 had the same 3 speed TurboHydromatic.
Had a new '73 Nova Custom Hatchback Coupe, 350 2-V, floor shifted TurboHydramatic, PS/PB, Medium Orange with the white vinyl top. Glad you liked your Nova, mine was a rust bucket. When it was only 5 years old, the metal top of the DASHBOARD was rusting through. The rocker panels would not hold paint, no matter how the dealer tried to prime and refinish them. At 3 years old, both rocker panels and the trunk floor, as well as the leading hood edge, were rusted through. At four years, only about half of the original paint was still sticking to the body....:thumbdown::thumbdown::frown: