Picked up another HRC216HXA!

dfbrown

Threads
I just picked up a hrc216k1hxa that definetely has less then about 20 hours. Super nice shape with very few scratches on it. It is a 2001 model year. I now have 5 of these mowers and they are all just unbelievable machines. The guy says he didnt need it to use as a trim mower because he has a ztr now and its sat for a couple of years but he only complained about how heavy it was. I actually knew the guy, he owns a restraunt that i eat at sometimes so that was cool to find out. He is right though, these machines are heavy but thats also the best part about it also is that you could drop one of these mowers off of a mountain top in colorado and i bet it still works and runs when it gets to the bottom of the mountain. I used to collect multiple hr214, hr215, hrb215 216 217, hrm215, hrx217 but those are like toys compared to the true commercial hrc216s. I will tell you atleast where I live is that you do not see them much at all for sale. Very rare and the dealers around here sell 1-2 a year and I never see them out cutting grass really. Most commercial guys around here have nice ztr and then have garbage push mowers (throw aways) but they replace them every year. So here is the collection and I will get you guys pictures soon.
2000 hrc216k1hxa, 2001 hrc216k1hxa, 2005 hrc216K1hxaa, 2006 hrc216k2hxa & 2010 hrc216k3hxa. the k2 has 10 hours on it and the k3 has never seen a blade of grass and the 2001 has less then 20 hours on it. I am still looking really hard for the origional hrc216 and if i happen to see an hra216 id pick it up. those machines are just the best and I have owned about every brand of commercial high end 21" made in the last 30 years. I do like a lot of other companys mowers so I really try not to be biased but these are my favorites.:thumbsup:

bwdbrn1

Threads
Wow, talk about lucky! The HRC has got to be about as scarce as hen's teeth. The only ones I've seen in my neck of the woods are on the dealer's showroom floor.

Threads
the best part about it also is that you could drop one of these mowers off of a mountain top in colorado and i bet it still works and runs when it gets to the bottom of the mountain.

Well they can last through a tornado (see thread)! http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/honda-forum/16582-why-we-own-honda.html

carlosHRC_zpsbaa68e5e.jpg

dfbrown

Threads

dfbrown

Threads
Wow, talk about lucky! The HRC has got to be about as scarce as hen's teeth. The only ones I've seen in my neck of the woods are on the dealer's showroom floor.

Yeah a little bit. I have only on the last many many years ever see 1 person with a hrc216hxa cutting grass while i was driving and a kid about 13 years old was using it and i was like WOW. You have to really really look around to see them or get them and it is very hard. You can look on your local craigslist everyday and if you see 2-3 a year on there that is a lot. The 214,215 masters series and hrm hrb hrx are a dime a dozen around here for sale. All the hr214s i have had most of them smoke and need rings etc etc. 215s a lot are still good though. You just got to look hard but no they are not easy at all to find and I am sure it depends on the area you live.

bwdbrn1

Threads
I look for Honda mowers on CL everyday, and I can say I've never seen on commercial show up in my immediate area. I did find one more than three hours away when I searched some of the surrounding areas. It was a push and they were asking $125 for it. If I didn't have to be heading out of town in the next couple of days, I'd have to think seriously about trying to get it.