Parking light illuminated

Matey80

Forum Newbie
Threads
Is there a way to bypass the parking brake safety switch on a Honda H4518 Garden Tractor. Yeah, I know it's old. When i turn on the key the P on the dash is illuminated even if the parking break is not on. I can start it, but when I engage the Hydrostatic tranny it dies and the terrifically loud buzzer goes on. It stops when I put the transmission in neutral again. I think if I bypass the parking break switch until I can replace it, it would be ok but I'm not sure which wires to cut then connect

Matey80

Forum Newbie
Threads
Is there a way to bypass the parking brake safety switch on a Honda H4518 Garden Tractor. Yeah, I know it's old. When i turn on the key the P on the dash is illuminated even if the parking break is not on. I can start it, but when I engage the Hydrostatic tranny it dies and the terrifically loud buzzer goes on. It stops when I put the transmission in neutral again. I think if I bypass the parking break switch until I can replace it, it would be ok but I'm not sure which wires to cut then connect
There are three wires going to the switch. When the brake is on, the button on the switch is released which should make the light on the dash go off. There is a black wire, a blue wire, and a green wire. I've disconnected all three wired from the switch. I want to wire it as if the brake handle was disengaged which would mean the button on the switch was pushed in. I wonder if this completes the circuit or the circuit is completed when the button is out.