OSHA

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Do any of you know where I can find out OSHA regulations for a Lawn Care business?

Have any go you ever been checked?

Nwatson99

Threads
Do what you wish, I would not call them asking about anything from osha they have became a joke and I would stay away from them like the plague if at all possible.
I can tell you this though if osha inspected half the mowing crews I have seen they would be shut down, if any piece of equipment is missing a safety feature that piece is tagged out of commission and you are fined, oh and if they tag a piece out of commission never say "you will use it when they are gone" then they will just tow it.
examples of tickets and fines in a minute:
No spindle cover
No weed-eater guard
Ground prong broken off on extension cord
Cut insulation in extension cord
Seat belt not working on mowers.
No discharge chute on mower
Oh and they will check your fluids as well and if your fluid level is low and not allowing the machine to work properly, "brakes, deck operation, etc" they will tag out that machine.

I am telling you they can make your life hell over nothing and they are not smart enough to realize what is the real world, most of the ones I have met where nice and very well college educated, but the common sense was removed from them in college.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I am not wanting to call them. I just don't want them to show up on my job and find me $150K over not having on a blue cap that day when I was supposed to be wearing a red one.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Keep all safety features on your machines. Strive to buy new safety things like gas cans. Keep you and your guys safe close toe shoes, jeans, t shirt not tank top. Safety gear glasses , ear, skin etc you'll be fine.