On Tiger Cat, do you grease the pulley tensor spindle?

Crake

Forum Newbie
I just got a Tiger Cat 52. I was looking at the three blade spindles to see the grease points and all three are easy to see and access.

Then I noticed the pulley tensor spindle (larger copper one that is first belt spindle from engine's main belt) has no grease point and the two small axles, on left and right more toward front of deck, that move when the tensor is engaged and disengaged have no grease points either but all three appear to be sealed bearings perhaps?

Can anyone confirm if they are sealed and need no greasing?
 
On my Wildcat my idler pulleys are sealed. I spray some W-D 40 on top and let it soak in, figured it can't hurt. But if you don't have a grease zero forget the grease.
 
Thanks. The manual ignores it, so I assume it is sealed but want to make sure. Anyone confirm for a new Tiger Cat?
 
You do realize that wd40 is not a lube.

That it will remove any lube that is there.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF
 
Scag replied and stated the idler pulleys are sealed and need no lubrication. My dealer also confirmed.
 
Back
Top