Older Silent Scott's Reel Mower -Model 10-M-3

Voltaire

Forum Newbie
Tuning up a recently acquired Scott's 10M3 reel mower. Unit has a height adjustment on top of the frame.

The scale on the adjuster has readings from 1/2 to 2 1/4 inches. I can only achieve a maximum height of 1 3/4 inch where the adjustment is fully extended. Is there a way to 'set-up' or 'calibrate' the adjustment screw? I'd would like to have the full range of adjustment.

I have changed the position of the roller, but that does not open it to maximum (2 1/4inches).

Does any one have the assembly or parts manual for the 10M3?

I have a full set of documentation for a Silent Scott's 16" 5M9 mower to share with anyone who requires the information. Also have documentation on the Agri-Fab 18" Silent Reel Mower.
 
my reel mower is not here at the moment, but if i remember right there is also an adjustment on the two bars that hold the roller near the actual body/frame PLUS the actual roller itself is adjustable.i had the scotts 20" reel with the trailing wheels and the great lakes 14" reel...awesome cut quality,for the smaller yards
 
my reel mower is not here at the moment, but if i remember right there is also an adjustment on the two bars that hold the roller near the actual body/frame PLUS the actual roller itself is adjustable.i had the scotts 20" reel with the trailing wheels and the great lakes 14" reel...awesome cut quality,for the smaller yards

Thanks for your quick response.

The R and L roller mounting pieces have 3 holes -one for the roller axle, one for the carriage bolt that that attaches to the mower frame and a 'blind' hole above the bolt position. i don't know what that 3rd hole is used for? Grass Catcher? Scott's Silent Mowers of the 60's & 70's era are practically identical to the Agri-Fab line - and most parts are interchangeable and AVAILABLE from the successor company of Agri-Fab. Agri-Fab parts lists and diagrams can easily be found with a Google search. These "tank" type mowers continue in manufacture today-somewhere near me in Pennsylvania. Unfortunately, the elevation system on my 10M3 was discontinued a number of years ago with no left over parts available.
 
Hey there - WELCOME to LMF!

I moved your thread to the General Mower Discussion Forum. :smile:
 
Re: Older Silent Scott's Reel Mower -Model 10-M-9

Could I please let me know how I can get the documentation for a Silent Scott's 16" 5M9 mower.

Tuning up a recently acquired Scott's 10M3 reel mower. Unit has a height adjustment on top of the frame.

The scale on the adjuster has readings from 1/2 to 2 1/4 inches. I can only achieve a maximum height of 1 3/4 inch where the adjustment is fully extended. Is there a way to 'set-up' or 'calibrate' the adjustment screw? I'd would like to have the full range of adjustment.

I have changed the position of the roller, but that does not open it to maximum (2 1/4inches).

Does any one have the assembly or parts manual for the 10M3?

I have a full set of documentation for a Silent Scott's 16" 5M9 mower to share with anyone who requires the information. Also have documentation on the Agri-Fab 18" Silent Reel Mower.
 
Tuning up a recently acquired Scott's 10M3 reel mower. Unit has a height adjustment on top of the frame.
...
I have a full set of documentation for a Silent Scott's 16" 5M9 mower to share with anyone who requires the information. Also have documentation on the Agri-Fab 18" Silent Reel Mower.


Hi,

I would love to have the documentation on the Scott's 5M9. Should I send you a private message with my email?
Thanks alot!
Donna
 
scale on the adjuster has readings from 1/2 to 2 1/4 inches. I can only achieve a maximum height of 1 3/4 inch where the adjustment is fully extended. Is there a way to 'set-up' or 'calibrate' the adjustment screw? I'd would like to have the full range of adjustment.

I have changed the position of the roller, but that does not open it to maximum (2 1/4inches).

Does any one have the assembly or parts manual for the 10M3?

I have a full set of documentation for a Silent Scott's 16" 5M9 mower to share with anyone who requires the information. Also have documentation on the Agri-Fab 18" Silent Reel Mower.[/QUOTE]
if still available i would like the 5m9 mower.thanks
 
I would love to get ahold of the documentation for the 5M9. Could you tell me how? Thanks, Donna

I have a full set of documentation for a Silent Scott's 16" 5M9 mower to share with anyone who requires the information. Also have documentation on the Agri-Fab 18" Silent Reel Mower.[/QUOTE]
 
Tuning up a recently acquired Scott's 10M3 reel mower. Unit has a height adjustment on top of the frame.

The scale on the adjuster has readings from 1/2 to 2 1/4 inches. I can only achieve a maximum height of 1 3/4 inch where the adjustment is fully extended. Is there a way to 'set-up' or 'calibrate' the adjustment screw? I'd would like to have the full range of adjustment.

I have changed the position of the roller, but that does not open it to maximum (2 1/4inches).

Does any one have the assembly or parts manual for the 10M3?

I have a full set of documentation for a Silent Scott's 16" 5M9 mower to share with anyone who requires the information. Also have documentation on the Agri-Fab 18" Silent Reel Mower.

Hi, I am new to the forum . I just had an old 5-M-9 given to me and could sure use a copy of the documentation. Thank you in advance.
 
Hello,

Replying from six years in the future, I would love a copy of the documentation too if you are still on this forum!

I have an older Silent Scotts and cannot find documentation anywhere - I even contacted Scotts to see if they have an archive. No luck.

Thanks,

Flora
 
Back
Top