Older lawn-boy push mower with Tecumseh eng. no start when hot

KenMac54

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Older lawn-boy push mower with Tecumseh eng. no start when hot
Have oiler Lawn-boy mower has starting problem when hot -- starts & runs ok when cold, but when shut off will not start Eng. model # LV195EA --took bowl off & cleaned lower half of bowl still same problem -- looking for suggestions

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
First we need to figure out if it is an ignition or fuel problem. Next time it happens put an inline spark tester in the plug line. You can get one at most auto parts stores. If you don’t have spark, your coil has either a hot short or hot open. Either way your coil is bad and will need to be replaced. If you have spark I would be rebuilding the carb with a new float needle and seat. If you need a procedure to do this, let me know and I’ll post the way I do it.

KenMac54

Forum Newbie
Threads
First we need to figure out if it is an ignition or fuel problem. Next time it happens put an inline spark tester in the plug line. You can get one at most auto parts stores. If you don’t have spark, your coil has either a hot short or hot open. Either way your coil is bad and will need to be replaced. If you have spark I would be rebuilding the carb with a new float needle and seat. If you need a procedure to do this, let me know and I’ll post the way I do it.
Thank You I'll try