Older craftsman blower

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Model # in pics.
I need to replace the fuel line, however im not quite sure how to remove the tank.
20201206-145345.jpg
20201206-162645.jpg

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Scrap that. No need to remove tank

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Okay, back to this, i want to replace the carb, It's a walbro, and i cannot find any other markings on it after extensive cleaning. i had the right diaphragm and gaskets on hand and i cleaned it and what not, but not good enough i guess. the plug is dry after pulling it with the choke on and throttle on high.
and i do not see a part number for the whole carburetor. i might be able to eye ball a replacement as the choke plate bolts up to the outside of the carb via a carb mounting bolt and the throttle is right on top.

upupandaway

Threads
....i want to replace the carb....
As old as it appears, I would bet it is no longer available.
What *I* did when I couldn't find my 70's trimmer carb, is buy one of these:
And remove the throttle plate and throttle shaft with spring and move it to new carb. I had to drill the shaft hole a little bit larger to fit the old carb shaft. As for the plate on top of the new carb, if u don't have the 2nd fuel hose, you can swap the "top plate" piece from the old cab also.
Well, that's my hacker fix.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Yep only 1 hose on this one. thanks for that link upandaway, it's definitely worth a shot if i cant find one.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Still can't get it to start, will start with gasmix down the plug hole or through the carb, but not on its own, fuel is up in the fuel line, i've cleaned and boiled the carb. that's been good to me on cub carbs but ain't working on this one.
guess i'll try your trick upup.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
well, thanks to upupandaway the leafblower is running! and great!
just swapped the throttle shaft and cover the primer line would go to on the chinese carb, after a few minutes adjusting it purrs like a kitten and revs without hesitation!

upupandaway

Threads
well, thanks to upupandaway the leafblower is running! and great!
just swapped the throttle shaft and cover the primer line would go to on the chinese carb, after a few minutes adjusting it purrs like a kitten and revs without hesitation!
Cool!! I've done that on a few items such as (original) fs80, bg75, McCullough chain saw, and echo backpack. So long as it gets the right air fuel mix, it will run. Thank goodness the carb main body hasn't really changed so you can do this.

Last edited:

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
does anyone know if you can figure out what year this blower may be from? here is the serial number: 1E2896567