Old lawnmowers site

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Neat old mower pictures...
The first 'monster' mower I remember was a model almost Identical to the snappen turtle ...
It was a late 1950's snapper.... :smile:KennyV

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads

Thanks for the link, I am familiar with the Reo brand as I used to work a short distance away from the Lansing, Michigan, factory where they were made. I wonder if anyone makes a 2-wheel powered mower like that design today?

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads

Great link, Mace Canute -- the Snapin Turtle mower caught my eye and I was pleased to find out that the mower (not the engine) was made in McDonough, GA, which is now metro-Atlanta but back in 1951 (when the mower was made) that had to be really out in the sticks.

I like your taste in mowers. I've got a 1977 Lawn Boy - two-stroke, of course.

mois25

Threads
Reminds me of an old John Deere my grandpa owned. He was so attached to it that when it broke he would literally get sad. Thanks for the site.

Harriet

Threads
It doesn't seem that long ago that all those old mowers were the norm. They sure don't make them like they used to, do they.

indypower

Threads
I remember my Dad's lawn mower in the early 60's. Gas powered and the deck had teeth cut in it. Never knew what the teeth were for. I didn't see any mowers on the site that were gas engines with teeth on the front of the deck.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
in the early 60's. Gas powered and the deck had teeth cut in it.

The early snappers had teeth ... they combed the rocks and stuff up before you hit it ...and the items that it missed were held inside the deck ares and not allowed to be thrown out easily...
The stuff that usually got raked up or ATE up was kids toys ... usually.
:smile:KennyV

abeja_reina_1989

Threads
Thanks for sharing that site with us. It's so interesting to see how much things have changed. It really blows my mind. Old lawnmowers, old cars, old houses. I wonder what things will look like 50 years from now...