Old lawnmowers site

Neat old mower pictures...
The first 'monster' mower I remember was a model almost Identical to the snappen turtle ...
It was a late 1950's snapper.... :smile:KennyV
 
Reminds me of an old John Deere my grandpa owned. He was so attached to it that when it broke he would literally get sad. Thanks for the site.
 
It doesn't seem that long ago that all those old mowers were the norm. They sure don't make them like they used to, do they.
 
I remember my Dad's lawn mower in the early 60's. Gas powered and the deck had teeth cut in it. Never knew what the teeth were for. I didn't see any mowers on the site that were gas engines with teeth on the front of the deck.
 
in the early 60's. Gas powered and the deck had teeth cut in it.

The early snappers had teeth ... they combed the rocks and stuff up before you hit it ...and the items that it missed were held inside the deck ares and not allowed to be thrown out easily...
The stuff that usually got raked up or ATE up was kids toys ... usually.
:smile:KennyV
 
Thanks for sharing that site with us. It's so interesting to see how much things have changed. It really blows my mind. Old lawnmowers, old cars, old houses. I wonder what things will look like 50 years from now...
 
Back
Top