Old Honda 215 rear wheel..

SilAro2

Threads
New to forum and working on Honda self-propelled wheel. Have an older 1995 215 that has been cutting great and no problems with the self propelled rear wheels. Yesterday, I got in a muddy patch and the left rear wheel only stopped moving, left one fine. I pulled the shield back and found a washer, lock ring, and a small locking key inside. How can I get the wheel off without damaging the bearings? I replaced the completely worn out front bearings a month ago, but I am trying not to damage them. Of course I removed the wheel bolt, but it's not even began to slide off the axle. The mower is old, and I just don't want to do any more damage than has already happened..

Thanks for any info...

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
New to forum and working on Honda self-propelled wheel. Have an older 1995 215 that has been cutting great and no problems with the self propelled rear wheels.

How can I get the wheel off without damaging the bearings?

Let's star with the serial number off the back of the mower deck. I can post some precise tech info with details on the rear wheel. The serial number is in the form of "MXXX-1234567"

Until then, probably be good to get some penetrating oil and give the whole area around each side of the stuck wheel good spray and overnight soaking to get things started.

SilAro2

Threads
This is an old model, and the only plate that remains states that it's a HRM215-FC. Sorry, but that's all I got as far as information...

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
This is an old model, and the only plate that remains states that it's a HRM215-FC. Sorry, but that's all I got as far as information...

Were you able to get the wheel off?

Here's how it all should come apart:

hrm215rearwheelshopmanual_zpsf48813cd.jpg

Here's a link to find a local Honda dealer if you need parts:

Find A Honda Dealer

SilAro2

Threads
Haven't got it off yet, but soaking it again. Thanks for the diagram, it's just what I need. I am pretty sure that I will need new parts, where is the best place get them?

Thanks again, will let you know on the progress...

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Haven't got it off yet, but soaking it again. Thanks for the diagram, it's just what I need. I am pretty sure that I will need new parts, where is the best place get them?

Thanks again, will let you know on the progress...

You local Honda dealer can get them, or you can find a number of dealers online who sell Honda parts.

Click on this link to find a Honda dealer

SilAro2

Threads
I finally got back to the mower wheel today. Was able to get the wheel off and fix it, guess the snap ring came off to began with. Just required a good cleaning, and thanks to the diagram you posted, put everything back in place.

Thanks again for all the information. I will definitely come back to this site in the future.....