Old Briggs head gasket swap - cast or aluminum?

ricklea1953

Threads
Okay folks. Tomorrow I will be cleaning up the head and the block gasket surfaces. The gasket should be ready for pickup at my local parts store. I will install the bolts dry
and torque to b&s specs. We will see what happens.

I will be in touch if the head gasket renew works. If the compression doesn't improve I will scrap/junk the whole project.

Anyone want a 1963 Briggs mounted on a 1964 Toro Sportlawn 21? It is the original motor.

briggs

Threads
Okay folks. Tomorrow I will be cleaning up the head and the block gasket surfaces. The gasket should be ready for pickup at my local parts store. I will install the bolts dry
and torque to b&s specs. We will see what happens.

I will be in touch if the head gasket renew works. If the compression doesn't improve I will scrap/junk the whole project.

Anyone want a 1963 Briggs mounted on a 1964 Toro Sportlawn 21? It is the original motor.

did u check the rings and make sure the valves are seating proper i would re vamp that engine hard to find

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
did u check the rings and make sure the valves are seating proper i would re vamp that engine hard to find

To the very lease check the valve adjustment.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
The decarboning would probably help, but a good valve job would be ideal. Is it like this one? it would be great to get it running!

Attachments

• sportlawn.jpg
    sportlawn.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 5

briggs

Threads
the block is Alum the only specs i can find are 140 pounds and use grafite grease ..Thats out of my Chiltons Manual

ricklea1953

Threads
Thanks folks. I will be signing off from the forum. Too much ambiguous answers.

I found a local shop and a private e-mail source (off this forum) to give me the guidance I need.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks folks. I will be signing off from the forum. Too much ambiguous answers. I found a local shop and a private e-mail source (off this forum) to give me the guidance I need.

Glad we was able to help you. I wish you all the luck with getting up and going again.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads

I found a local shop and a private e-mail source (off this forum) to give me the guidance I need.

Good!!!!!!! Sorry that we wasted our time trying to help you!!!!!!!

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads

Just out of curiosity, would have instilled any confidence in our responses? You obviously have your own agenda to grind, and you just came here to start some chit....