OK let's try this again

T-LeDoux

Threads
If I have not explained this well enough post a reply as to what info you need OK. Runs but no power

My son brought me a Snapper SR1433 Model#331415KUE with a Kohler 14 HP Mod#CV14st Spec#1490. It had set outside and the carb was pretty corroded, the gas tank was about 1/4 water. I took the carb off and soaked it in cleaner for about 12 hrs and it cleaned it up pretty good(I thought) I ran a small wire through every hole to make sure it was free of debree couldn't get into the main jet, But blew air through it. Put it back together and it started right up the trouble I am having it it won't rev up and it just surges but when I take it off choke it looses RPM's. I work the throttle and it only goes so high, But if I pull on the Governor It Will rev up like it is supposed to. I thought the throttle and Governor linkages where crossed, But if that was the case it wouldn't choke it, So Hopefully there is something I have missed so I don't have to buy a new carb, But that would probably be the best thing to do.:-(

JNewkirk77

Threads
If I have not explained this well enough post a reply as to what info you need OK. Runs but no power

My son brought me a Snapper SR1433 Model#331415KUE with a Kohler 14 HP Mod#CV14st Spec#1490. It had set outside and the carb was pretty corroded, the gas tank was about 1/4 water. I took the carb off and soaked it in cleaner for about 12 hrs and it cleaned it up pretty good(I thought) I ran a small wire through every hole to make sure it was free of debree couldn't get into the main jet, But blew air through it. Put it back together and it started right up the trouble I am having it it won't rev up and it just surges but when I take it off choke it looses RPM's. I work the throttle and it only goes so high, But if I pull on the Governor It Will rev up like it is supposed to. I thought the throttle and Governor linkages where crossed, But if that was the case it wouldn't choke it, So Hopefully there is something I have missed so I don't have to buy a new carb, But that would probably be the best thing to do.:-(

My gut feeling is that maybe there's just enough gunk in that main jet to cause problems. But then it stands to reason that it's always the thing you can't reach or get completely clean, isn't it?

junkyard dog

Threads
Guess folks on this site don't want to help other folks Ive posted on here about 4 times never got one reply. so i'm off here and back to dealer who answers every time.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have reread each of your posts and have not got any possible solutions for you. Do you want people to just guess and have you spend money replacing parts. If that is so then replace the carb. Also, buy a new gasket. That's my free advice you were looking for, but to be honest, sound like you have an air leak. To bad you'll never see this because your off here.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
When it surges is because the low speed is plugged somewhere.

dougw

Threads
might also take a look at the governor spring if it is stretched too much would keep RPM from getting up to the speed you were wanting which would explain why you can speed it up by hand.
Doug

T-LeDoux

Threads
Thank you all for taking the time and giving me your opinions. You have confirmed my opinion that it is more than likely the Main jet as that was the most corroded. And Rivets I have done a little mechanic work and know you learn from past experiences and thought some one in here might have encountered this problem and give me there findings. There is no reason for you to get so sarcastic. Have a good day and again Thanks for those of you that offered your opinions.

slammed

Threads
Thank you all for taking the time and giving me your opinions. You have confirmed my opinion that it is more than likely the Main jet as that was the most corroded. And Rivets I have done a little mechanic work and know you learn from past experiences and thought some one in here might have encountered this problem and give me there findings. There is no reason for you to get so sarcastic. Have a good day and again Thanks for those of you that offered your opinions.

You are right about that some people just don't care how they come off to others do they.

snapsstorer

Threads
just rebuilt a carb on a JD snowblower. and sorry if you have to think that way, but i have other brand specific forums i run through also. i try to go through them and can only go through so many before my back tells me to get up and walk around. sorry i didnt see this earlier, i would of suggesting to get a complete carb rebuild kit, only about $20-$30.