oil leak

Amozick

Forum Newbie
Threads
So I have a scag walk behind with a Kawasaki FB460V engine. So the issue is when I tilt the mower towards the controls oil leaks out of the bottom of the engine onto the pulleys. it only has a slight leak when level maybe 5 drops in three days but when tilted it pretty much pours out I cleaned it up under the mower and cant really tell where it really coming from I think it is coming from the seal where the shaft enter the engine. Any help will be appreciated. Can I pull off both pulleys with no issues (special adjustments needed when put back on) also if it the seal how hard is it to replace?

jakesmurray

Threads
So I have a scag walk behind with a Kawasaki FB460V engine. So the issue is when I tilt the mower towards the controls oil leaks out of the bottom of the engine onto the pulleys. it only has a slight leak when level maybe 5 drops in three days but when tilted it pretty much pours out I cleaned it up under the mower and cant really tell where it really coming from I think it is coming from the seal where the shaft enter the engine. Any help will be appreciated. Can I pull off both pulleys with no issues (special adjustments needed when put back on) also if it the seal how hard is it to replace?

Ok, I just replied to the other post, but that is definitely your crankshaft seal leaking.
Replace it and you will be good to go!

Amozick

Forum Newbie
Threads
Alrighty I found the part number and I'm gonna get a seal on Tuesday and wish me luck in getting the seal out and back in.

Amozick

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok good luck :thumbsup:

Hey jake if you don't mind me asking how much was it at the lawn mower shop to replace the seal? I think I will be able to do it but if for what ever I can't get it out....

jakesmurray

Threads
Hey jake if you don't mind me asking how much was it at the lawn mower shop to replace the seal? I think I will be able to do it but if for what ever I can't get it out....

I gave him the seal, which was 3 or 4 bucks, then labor was about $140, then $10 for the new oil he put back in it.
Kinda pricey, but he had to take the engine off and flip it over to get it out.

Amozick

Forum Newbie
Threads
I gave him the seal, which was 3 or 4 bucks, then labor was about $140, then $10 for the new oil he put back in it.
Kinda pricey, but he had to take the engine off and flip it over to get it out.

Glad I didn't take it to the shop only took half a case of beer to take the engine off flip it upside down and replace the seal. It was no big deal but the pulleys also didn't give me any trouble somebody was nice of enough to put never seize on the shaft.

Threads
Glad I didn't take it to the shop only took half a case of beer to take the engine off flip it upside down and replace the seal. It was no big deal but the pulleys also didn't give me any trouble somebody was nice of enough to put never seize on the shaft.

awesome.gif :thumbsup::thumbsup:

jakesmurray

Threads

Alright good!