Oil Change

+ 55 F today so I changed oil, lubed front drive gears and changed air filter. all went well and I did find that bottom drain plug, however , it is still a PITA (newspapers all over but no oil on wife's patio). She fired up instantly (mower not wife) so I am good to go when the grass starts to grow. Again, thanks to all.

As I recalled I said the same thing PITA. It just goes with most mowers for some reason. +55 I am jealous because they are talking in the high teens for this comeing week end in NY and I have a gas tank removel on a Chevrolet van for this week end and my shop gets hard to heat when it gets that cold. I just hate the big work any more but I get talked into it.
 
This may very well be true seeing my Toro was bought in the late 70's used so I don't know how old it is. Them old Tors's just go forever, this one is just starting to leak a little oil.

If you think tipping a mower to drain the oil is bad, had a front tine tiller come in last summer with no drain plug. Have to tip the entire tiller on its side to drain the old oil.
 
Rome is definitely in the snow belt. In January of 1961 we got 31" in 10 hours with over two feet already on the ground. And of course the -30F at least once a year. Do I miss all of that, not really.
 
We are lucky in Marion seeing we live in a pocket that Lake Ontario protects us from the snow-belt. All the big storms go around us.
 
Back
Top