Oil Change?????????????

Giles

Well-Known Member
Just returned from checking out a diesel lawn tractor with 60" mowing deck. Owner stated he bought it new and it was about five years old.
Factory paint was not even broken around the oil drain plug and the oil filter was covered with app. 1/8" of dirt and grass clippings:mad::thumbdown:
Contrary to the sellers remarks--I don't believe he ever changed the oil:thumbdown:
This is the SECOND Tractor that I have noticed with a lack of maintenance:mad:
I may have missed a bargin, but I will not take that chance:thumbsup:
 
I dought that--oil is added through valve cover. Of course, he could have inserted a 1/8" hose down the dip stick tube or removed the oil pan as an assembly, but I dought that too.:frown:
When it comes to spending my money--I don't assume anything!:thumbsup:
 
I dought that--oil is added through valve cover. Of course, he could have inserted a 1/8" hose down the dip stick tube or removed the oil pan as an assembly, but I dought that too.:frown:
When it comes to spending my money--I don't assume anything!:thumbsup:
Yep, it is better to go for something you know has been well maintained.
 
Better buy new then cuz its pretty easy to tell a story and change the oil and filter right before the buyer shows up.
 
Has It got a lot of hours on it? Buying used from strangers I guess can alway be a chance of who knows what. If the oil isn't poring out of it, not smoking real bad, dosen't look like its been taken apart, runs good and it's a good price it might make you a real good tractor? I have had good luck and bad buying used garden tractors.
 
I love used equipment...
A diesel engine should have oil changed around 100 hours... you could go longer with a synthetic oil...
if this engine has low hours, and no Obvious problems... Get it...

What make tractor ??
What make Engine ??
What is the Price... ?
How many hours are on it??
:smile:KennyV
 
Back
Top