Now I have gas in my oil

Thanks for all the help going to go out to the garage and take it apart and probably just get the whole kit to be safe
 
I had the very same problem with my 12.5 HP B&S on my Murray riding mower. It was the air filter that caused my problem. I thought I could mow one more time without changing it, but like you said, after about 10 minutes, it quit running and wouldn't crank again. After checking, I also found low gas and overfull with oil that smelled like gasoline. I changed the oil, put on a new air cleaner and had no more problems. Unless you've already replaced the air cleaner with a new on, it would be worth a try before taking the carb off and tearing it down.
 
add that fuel shut off when you can . Your system is gravity fed - tiny little carb can't hold back 8 pounds of gasoline for ever .
 
I had already put a new air cleaner on, I ordered the carb rebuild kit and shut off valve. I took the carb apart and it looked very clean, the needle didn't look damaged or dirty either.
 
Back
Top