Non Starting Briggs Stratton Classic 35 Mower Engine, No Spark, Done Some Testing

Mr Arsenault

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Non Starting Briggs Stratton Classic 35 Mower Engine, No Spark, Done Some Testing
I was testing this wrong, I've deleted my old post. I've found out that it was the kill switch. The spark plug tester I bought was utter crap, the bulb never lit up, I held the plug against the engine with pliers and got a spark with the kill switch wire disconnected. Put the plug back and it worked. I was wondering if anybody could tell me where the part that I took off that is on top of the grass box in the picture goes. I believe that it is a flywheel cover but I can't remember where I took it off from. Thanks

20170726_162258.jpg

20170726_162335.jpg

Last edited:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Non Starting Briggs Stratton Classic 35 Mower Engine, No Spark, Done Some Testing
I was testing this wrong, I've deleted my old post. I've found out that it was the kill switch. The spark plug tester I bought was utter crap, the bulb never lit up, I held the plug against the engine with pliers and got a spark with the kill switch wire disconnected. Put the plug back and it worked. I was wondering if anybody could tell me where the part that I took off that is on top of the grass box in the picture goes. I believe that it is a flywheel cover but I can't remember where I took it off from. Thanks

View attachment 33450

View attachment 33451

Don't know about the un-known part but it looks like it holds a a cable or harness , .. anyway I had the EXACT same Lisle spark-tester as in your photo, threw away the day I first used it ..wasted money, the best I ever found is the one I show here, works great in bright sunlight too !

SPARK TESTER.jpg..tester.JPG..TESTER (2).jpg

as you can see its best to shop for the best price I did get mine from SJMparts.com

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The missing part. the small 1/4 in hole goes under the shroud bolt on the same side as the fuel tank. the other end wraps around the spacer that holds the front of the fuel tank.

Threads
The missing part. the small 1/4 in hole goes under the shroud bolt on the same side as the fuel tank. the other end wraps around the spacer that holds the front of the fuel tank.
Yes that is exactly what it is. With a name like Arsenault you got to be from South Louisiana are one of our French cousins from the North..... Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!

Mr Arsenault

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the replies guys, very helpful. Yes that spark tester I got is an utter piece of sh**. Thanks very much for explaining where the missing part goes. The username was from a stupid film I watched when I was a kid, A bit like Porky's. Mr Arenault was the Dean of the University or whatever you call them in the US. The "t" on the end is silent. I'm from the UK by the way. Thanks for the help though, great forum :thumbsup: