EngineMan Lawn Addict Mar 1, 2014 #11 And in post*6 you say "Magneto looks like it's ok." did you replace with a new one..?
T tybilly Well-Known Member Mar 1, 2014 #12 also shine up the 2 mounting post with some sand paper,where the coil mounts to.
O olddog Forum Newbie Mar 2, 2014 #13 Thanks for all the helpful tips guys. It appears that I do have a faint spark which can only be seen in a closed garage. I am guessing that that is somewhat normal since my only reference is a spark from a car's plug which uses a much heftier coil. It's possible that I always had a spark but didn't realize how dim it was. I'll try cleaning the posts with sandpaper because the mower still doesn't want to start. I already checked and cleaned the brass jet on the bottom of the bowl. And it seems like I'm getting gas into the cylinder.
Thanks for all the helpful tips guys. It appears that I do have a faint spark which can only be seen in a closed garage. I am guessing that that is somewhat normal since my only reference is a spark from a car's plug which uses a much heftier coil. It's possible that I always had a spark but didn't realize how dim it was. I'll try cleaning the posts with sandpaper because the mower still doesn't want to start. I already checked and cleaned the brass jet on the bottom of the bowl. And it seems like I'm getting gas into the cylinder.
O olddog Forum Newbie Mar 2, 2014 #15 briggs said: hows the compression is there any Click to expand... Compression holds steady at 80
jhngardner367 Member Mar 2, 2014 #16 Are you sure the engine brake is releasing fully,and the exhaust is clear ? Also,make sure the plug wire cap is connected well,to the wire. A bad crimp,or the wire not making contact to the cap could make a weak spark,as could airgap being wrong.
Are you sure the engine brake is releasing fully,and the exhaust is clear ? Also,make sure the plug wire cap is connected well,to the wire. A bad crimp,or the wire not making contact to the cap could make a weak spark,as could airgap being wrong.
D dennis morris Member Mar 2, 2014 #17 Make sure that U have a good ground with the coil and the engine block